Flash fiction

My Goat
Credit: Cameron Abbey

Akilakpa has been angry since yesterday; at himself, at her, in fact, at everyone. So he has refused to answer anyone’s call. The situation was getting out of hand, so Yawa has come to Kobby–Akilakpa’s best friend–to try and talk with Akilakpa and find out what she had done wrong.

From what she vividly recall, the day before, Akilakpa had come to her house unannounced. He said he wanted to take her out on a surprise date later in the evening. So she welcomed him in and they both spent the whole day watching movies and eating. When it was about a quarter after six, he urged her to go and prepare herself for the outing. She was in the bathroom when Akilakpa began to scream that he couldn’t find his phone. So she asked him to try calling his phone with hers, which was in her handbag. She heard his ringtone, which obviously meant that he had found his phone. However, returning from the bathroom, Akilakpa had vanished–without traces nor explanations. She went to his place to talk things out but to no avail.

“Okay, I have heard all that you have said. I will go to Akilakpa’s house immediately and get back to you.”

“Thank you Kobby. I really appreciate it.”

A few hours later,

“Ermm, Yawa, I’m back from Akilakpa’s house and…”

“And what did he say?”

“Can you calm down?”

“How can I?” She wipes her nose briefly. “Please don’t beat about the bush. What exactly did he say?”

“Well, like you said… or rather, let me continue the story from where you ended. So apparently, Akilakpa had indeed dialled his contact on your phone; but what he discovered was rather shocking to him.”

“And what did he discover?”

“That you saved his contact as My Goat

“But why would he be angry at that: My Greatest Of All Times?”

41 Comments Add yours

1. Reblogged this on Kwaku TinTin and commented:
    Well, i don’t know if anyone saved my name any other way apart from my original name lols. Anyway, enjoy this read “My Goat”.

2. Popcorn says:

😂😂😂G.O.A.T

1. Yesss Goat. Not better than Popcorn though 💔😂😂

3. I don’t know why anyone would be furious about their contact being saved as “My Goat” but i guess to everything there’s a reason.
    I would love to read more on “My Goat” and see how it turns out. Well done 👍.

1. Thanks dearie ❤️❤️.
      I’m shocked myself, never knew some guys could be so emotional 💔😂

Liked by 1 person

1. Indeed, an emotional GOAT 🐐😂.

Liked by 2 people

4. Ogbonnaya says:

Hahahahaha
    GOAT indeed

1. Yesss oo. My Guru 😂😂💔

5. aniniobed841 says:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

1. Lyn says:

😂I don’t know why I missed this earlier but indeed made my day❤😂thanks😂let us no more😂

6. Elihu says:

Goat paaa
    😂😂😂

1. 😂😂😂😂💔

7. Jona says:

Nice one G.O.A.T
    Is for football legends tho😀😀

1. I know right 😂😂😂😂💔

8. Miss cutie says:

Aaooooooohhhhh sane Eeeeiiii………..I think wat she mean by dat G.O.A.T is Grate Opportunity Among Teens or🤷🤷🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. Eeeiiii 😂😂😂💔
      Lemme copy asap: Grate Opportunity Among Teens 💔💔

9. Obiba J.k says:

Awwwwwwww…..Ruth,
    Indeed…..am stoked.
    But why Goat?🌹🥀

1. Yelss Yawson, ❤️
      Lol….me dierr I don’t know oo, unless we ask Yawa 😂😂

10. Yayra-Bless says:

It’s a nice story but i don’t think Akilakpa actually understood what GOAT meant …he interpreted it literally so he should have been patient and ask Yawa to explain to him….Ahnn well ,we all do that sometimes, i do call my friends fuus or save their contacts as such and they won’t get angry ..we all react to things differently 😂😂😂😂

1. Thanks ❤️❤️

Oh yeah, he shouldn’t have but well, people react differently to various situations.

11. Beloved says:

Woow …. it was a piece, I enjoyed reading it

Keep it up dear

1. Thanks Beloved 😘😘

12. Hehe, this reminds of something. I had to screenshot a chat as an evidence but when I remembered how I have saved the other party’s number, I had to re-save it, have the screenshot and change it back to the original one.
    Funny enough, I was shocked by how the other party also saved my number.

13. Goat indeed.
    Apparently, Ay Poyoo is the only African who finds interest in being called GOAT.
    Lol

14. DrC says:

Lmaoooooo😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. AY Poyoo definitely needs a man-to-man talk with Akilakpa.

Awesome stuff!

1. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Of courseeeee…he needs to
      Thanks ❤️

15. Zindagi46 says:

Ruthy! You iz on fire gurrrrrrl! This was very entertaining … well-written too. Kudos!

16. Elorm says:

Or should I change his name to Goat🤔🤔
    Nice piece dear 😘

1. 😂😂😂😂
      You definitely should 💔😂

17. Judy says:

😂😂😂😂At least He’s Her GOAT

1. Exactly 😂😂😂

18. Lyn says:

I don’t know why I missed this earlier but indeed made my day 😂❤thanks..and please do let us know more😂it shouldn’t end here.

1. Sure. Thanks 😂😂

19. Jonathan Adjetey says:

😂😂😂😂…I want more😩😩😩

1. 😂😂…more is coming 😚😚

20. Hilda says:

Only GOAT and his complaining 😂 ei🤣come spy people demma status 🤣🤣🤣

21. Lizzie says:

This is funny 😂😂😂….I love it

1. 😂😂😂😂